Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the first days in Austria

After a 13 hour drive (my boyfriend drove me all the way!) we arrived in a beautiful appartment in the district Hernals, Vienna. On the fourth floor I have a marvellous view on all the green which surrounds this area. On sunday we drove to my family in Ramplach, about an hour from Vienna.
On monday I started my search for the Bleyer-family (my grandmothers familyname). Led by the information I already had, we drove from Ramplach to Wiesmath. I wanted to track down the birthcertificate of my great grandmother. She is born in Beistein, a tiny village. I had to go to the village Wiesmath to speak to the priest. He can provide me access to the birthcertificates of the people who have been born in Beistein. Unfortunately the priest was on holiday. In august I'll come back in Wiesmath to talk to him.

A short movie of the surroundings were my great grandmother was born: Beistein, Austria

No comments:

Post a Comment